PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO established in 2006 by a group of development professionals dedicated to supporting poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts of Nepal. For the last 15 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of rural people by providing immediate support through health care and education services and create opportunities in communities for self-empowerment. Currently, PHASE Nepal’s projects on health, education, livelihoods, and reconstruction are funded by a number of institutional and individual donors from different countries. We also implement various research projects in partnership with different universities from the UK and organizations from other Asian and African countries.
Position: Health Supervisor
Duration: Fixed Term
Duty Station: Mugu and Humla (100% Field Based)
Required Number: Few
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Should have completed Health Assistant or PCL Staff Nursing Degree with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a clinical setting, seeing patients, providing nursing care, providing safer motherhood cares, delivery services, newborn care, HMIS recording, reporting, and documentation.
- Candidates, who have worked with government hospitals, PHC or health posts and supervisory experience in primary health care service in remote community, have received SBA training and having good computer skill will be given priority.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that field health projects are managed effectively. And should have good communication and interpersonal skills to demonstrate health education and raise awareness activities in community.
- Organize/facilitate events for Health Facility Management Committee (HFMC), local stakeholders, teachers, political leaders to strengthen local health service and sustainability
- Develop a local health program strategy, with particular emphasis on reproductive health and child health
- Supervise and monitor the work of subordinate staffs
- Prepare timely and comprehensive reports of all activities to both government and PHASE in standard formats
- Contribute their work together with the government health workers in the respective health posts or health clinics. This involves both curative as well as preventive health services.
- Provide health education sessions to the beneficiaries of the catchment area of the health post/clinic
- Contribute to any task related to the PHASE Nepal program as deemed appropriate by the line manager.
- Maintain and replace drug stock, including government supplies, paying special attention to the safe storage and expiry date of medicines.
- Arrange for the safe and timely transport of medicines and equipment to the project area
- Maintain hygiene and infection prevention procedures in the HP and ORC in keeping with PHASE guidelines
- As required, liaise between project areas and office, and other organizations linked to the health projects
Salary and Benefits:
Basic Salary: NPR. 37,517 /- per month (Additional- Festival Allowance, Food Allowance, and Field Allowance)
We also offer Medical Insurance of Rs. 2,25,000/- that covers employee and his/her dependent family members up to two, and Accidental Insurance of Rs. 2,000,000/-.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting above mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 11 December 2021.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
PHASE reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.