- Research Lead (RE-ADVERTISED) – 1 (One)
- HR Officer – 1 (One)
- Research Lead (Postdoc research fellow) (Requires Ph.D. in Public Health or other Health Related Subjects – Gross Salary NPR 114,500 per month)
1.1. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT:
PHASE Nepal, The University of Sheffield UK, University of Huddersfield UK, Bournemouth University UK and Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences Nepal have recently secured funding for three years’ the research project “The impact of federalization on Nepal’s health system: a longitudinal analysis”. This research aims to track the process of health system decentralization in Nepal, examine in detail how the move to a federal system is affecting the six health system building blocks, and to bring practitioners and policymakers from the different levels of the health system into dialogue with one another. Furthermore, it also aims to produce new academic knowledge on the progress of the health system the transformation process in Nepal, generate new data on stakeholder perceptions of the reform process, to identify more generalizable lessons, and to consolidate existing international partnerships between the UK and Nepali academic institutions and NGOs.
PHASE Nepal is currently seeking qualified, organized, and energetic professionals to work on this research.
Required Qualification: Ph.D. public health or a discipline of relevance to issues around health policy and/or health systems (within 5 years of Ph.D. degree)
Salary Offered: NPR 114,500 per month (Gross Salary includes Provident Fund, Gratuity, and Festival Allowances)
In addition to the gross salary, we provide Covid-19 Insurance, Medical Insurance, and Accidental Insurance.
Duty Station: Centre Office, Kathmandu (With significant travel to Mugu, Sindhupalchok, and Nawalparasi districts for data collection, networking, coordination, and workshops as and when needed).
Duration of contract: 12 month’s annual contract with immediate start with the possibility of extending up to 24 Months in this project and beyond to PHASE’s other research if any.
1.2. DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
This position provides the opportunity to expand the career beyond the academic research environment to engage policy application, translation, and dissemination. The position is in the field of Health Services Research. The candidate will join a multidisciplinary team of researchers. The position offers an excellent multicultural environment for interaction with scholars from different countries and diverse academic backgrounds. The position is open to candidates who demonstrate that they can contribute to the ongoing research in PHASE Nepal.
Research Leads will (i) work on this and other research projects assigned by PHASE Nepal (ii) participate in other research activities of the organization, including regular meetings, workshops, and research development activities.
Required qualifications and experience
- Required qualifications and experience include:
- Applicants must be within 5 years of completion of a Ph.D. in Public Health or a discipline of relevance to issues around health policy and/or health systems.
- Professional experience in public health research, policy, or programming.
- Strong interest in health services organization/health system research.
- Experience in research design, proposal development, and data collection.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Excellent time management skills.
- An inquisitive mindset and the ability to plan, organize and execute work independently.
- Evidence of ability to bring projects to completion, including high-quality publications.
- Willingness to do fieldwork and prepared to travel to remote areas for a long period of time.
- Enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team and prepared to work in other research projects if and when necessary.
- Other desired skills include:
- An analytical approach to defining policy-relevant research questions.
- Experience with broad-based and cross-disciplinary knowledge acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting data analysis and interpretation.
- Proven experience with qualitative research techniques (training in quantitative and/or participatory research methods can be provided if and when needed).
- Knowledge and skills in one of the qualitative/quantitative data analysis software or packages.
- Familiarity with searching and evaluating scientific literature is desirable.
- Experience in writing manuscripts, and progress reports.
- Familiarity with the health system of Nepal and health programs including health system research.
- Authorship of peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience with the presentation of research results.
- Experience in translating research for policy and practitioner audiences.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
1.3. How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria are requested to apply with a motivation letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position, your most recent CV with a list of publications, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 January 2021. However, we will close the vacancy if we find the appropriate candidate before the application deadline so please apply ASAP.
2. HR Officer – 1
2.1. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The candidate should have at least Bachelors’ Degree or above in any discipline preferably with specialization in Human Resources Management (HRM).
- The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in carrying out HRM functions in NGO sector with a demonstrable record of accomplishment of best performance.
- The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Nepali languages.
- The candidate must have excellent computer skills.
- The candidate must be a good team player and a problem solver.
2.3. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Explain organization HR policies, benefits and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Monitor and report the implementation of HR policies and procedures to the department head on a regular basis.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation during recruitment, selection, background checks, hiring, orientation, training, grievances, performance appraisal, transfer, promotion, increment, disciplinary actions, termination or resignation etc.
- Coordinate with media, advertising agencies, recruitment agencies etc in order to release vacancy advertisement/s as and when required.
- Conduct preliminary interview of the candidates applying for a job and generate a report of each individual applicants as and when required.
- Maintain up-to-date information of each employee of an organization in their personnel file and comprehensive detail on spreadsheet format in a computer following data principles of personal data security.
- Gather relevant and necessary employee information from various units/departments and maintain up to date record accordingly, including such information as of attendance, leaves, application for leave, facilities etc.
- Generate a monthly individual report on salary payable including applicable deductions, keep a record of it and provide it to concerned personnel at the finance and accounts department.
- Mediate in workplace disputes as and when required.
- Compile different relevant information from various internal and external sources in order to assist HR department to align/update the prevailing HR policies, procedures, forms and formats with the change of time, technology, culture, government laws etc.
- Conduct performance appraisal on a specified time frame, facilitate the process, record the result and implement the decided reward and other actions.
- Prepare monthly payroll of employees in coordination with the finance team.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
2.4. SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Basic Salary NRS 48,470 per month (basic starting salary scale) plus 10% of Basic Salary as PF, Gratuity 8.33% of Basic Salary as gratuity and one month’s salary equivalent as Festival Allowances on pro rata basis. Total gross salary comes around NRS 61,395 per month.
We also enrol all our staff along with their dependent (Spouse, 3 children or Parents) in Medical Insurance worth Rs. 2,25,000 (Two Lakhs Twenty Five Thousand) and Accidental Insurance worth Rs. 20,00,000 (Twenty Lakhs). Regarding the COVID insurance, we do COVID insurance (Rs 1 lakh) for employees including their dependents as mentioned in the Health Insurance.
2.5. HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and candidates with high motivation meeting above-mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV and application letter to email@example.com no later than 25 Jan 2021. We are urgently looking for this position, therefore, we will close the application if we find an appropriate person before the application deadline. Therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested to apply. Please put your name on your cv, application letter and mention position you applied on the email subject line.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities or living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
We will not entertain any telephone inquiries and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further selection process.