Despite damage from the earthquake in some areas, health activities have continued in all five PHASE project districts. Compiled by Urmila and Sunita in the Kathmandu office, the following numbers have been reported by the frontline staff in this period.
Across all five project areas:
- 30,342 patients (include ANC, PNC, family planning, delivery and new-born examination) were seen at outreach clinics and health posts. 26,353 of these were sick patients that received treatment for an illness, the remainder came for health promotion activities (family planning, maternal care etc).
- 38% of patients were under 18
- 1,391 men and 1,843 women received contraception services and 600 men and women attended birth control counselling
- 393 antenatal checks were performed
- 144 babies were delivered in these three months attended by a PHASE health professional. 26 of these were complicated births
- 176 new born examinations were carried out
- 8 uterus prolapse cases were treated in three months.
- In Humla there were 5 tooth extractions carried out, 19 deliveries attended by health staff and 24 newborn examinations.
- In Sindhupalchowk a higher percentage of patients were under 18 (57%). 224 women had the contraceptive injection and 3 babies were delivered by PHASE health staff.
- In Bajura 88 babies were delivered by PHASE staff, significantly more than in any other PHASE project areas. This is because there is a dedicated birthing centre in the area. 19 of these deliveries had complications.
Health education programmes and other health promotion activities were also carried out across all 5 project districts, the table below shows the activities and number of people that benefitted.
|Health programme management committee meeting||37||411||214||625|
|Village cleaning programme||66||478||1114||1592|
|Door to door health education programme||286||1547||2344||3891|
|Female Community Health Volunteer Meeting||44||89||518||607|
|School Health Education programme||66||796||989||1,785|
|Community Health Education programme||81||521||1,149||1,670|
|Clinic Health education programme||113||633||1,054||1,687|
|Support to immunization programme||43||459||516||975|
|Village Cleaning Committee Formation||4||107||52||159|
|Village Cleaning Committee Meeting||33||259||413||672|
|Mother in law Committee Formation||1||0||25||25|
|Mother in law Committee Meeting||72||175||1,727||1,902|
|Extra Activities, including public audit, FCHV – female community health worker – day celebration, drama||26||852||929||1,781|
|Sarbotam Pitho Exhibition (super flour making)||21||37||414||451|
|Albendazole Distribution (de-worming tablets)||6||899||945||1,844|